For the four
Richard Lietz (Austria), who won the FIA Endurance Cup last year as the best GT driver, got away well at the start in his 911 RSR fielded by Dempsey Proton Racing. When he handed the vehicle off to his teammate Michael Christensen, he was running second in the GTE-Pro class. The Dane managed to fend off spirited attacks from his pursuers – only to lose time in the pits with his 911 RSR. Although he eventually rejoined the race, he had lost too much ground to catch his rivals.
Right up until shortly before the finish, two 911 RSR contesting the GTE-Am class had excellent chances for podium spots. The 911 campaigned by Abu Dhabi Proton Racing was lying in second, with the 911 RSR of KCMG right behind. But they too were unable to maintain their positions to the flag. KCMG finally finished in fourth, with Abu Dhabi Proton Racing scoring fifth. Sixth place went to Gulf Racing. Like KCMG, Gulf Racing contested the WEC for the first time with a 911 RSR.
Richard Lietz (
Michael Christensen (
Wolf Henzler (
Round two of the Sports Car World Endurance Championship WEC is contested on 7 May on the tradition-steeped Spa-Francorchamps racetrack.
1. Rigon/Bird (I/GB), Ferrari 488 GTE, 167 laps
2. Bruni/Calado (I/GB), Ferrari 488 GTE, 166
3. Turner/Sörensen/Thiim (GB/DK/DK), Aston Martin, 166
4. Pla/Tinkwell (F/USA), Ford GT, 165
5. Franchitti/Mücke (USA/D), Ford GT, 165
6. Christensen/Lietz (D/A),
7. Stanaway/Rees/Adam (NZ/BRA/GB), Aston Martin, 151
1. Collard/Perrodo/Aguas (F/F/P), Ferrari F458 Italia, 163 laps
2. Lamy/Dalla Lana/Lauda (P/CAN/A), Aston Martin, 162
3. Yamagishi/Ragues/Ruberti (J/F/I), Chevrolet Corvette, 161
4. Ried/Henzler/Camathias (D/D/CH),
5. Al Qubaisi/Bachler/Heinemeier Hansson (UAE/A/DK),
6. Wainwright/Carroll/Barker (GB/GB/GB),
The Sports Car World Championship WEC
Sports prototypes and GT vehicles contest the Sports Car World Endurance Championship (WEC) in four classes: LMP1 (eg.
Model range 911 (Type 991 II): Fuel consumption combined 9.3 – 7.4 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 216 - 169 g/km; efficiency class (Germany): F – D